Monday, March 11, 2013

It is Finished!!

The kids big present for Christmas was an outdoor, wooden playset.  Ever since we moved into the house and the previous owners didn't leave their's, I've wanted to get one.  However, they're not cheap and both the Briggs and Tingey's have one which our kids just always used.  But this year, I was determined to get it because the boys will be too big soon (probably are now), and I wanted the girls to get to enjoy it.  Plus, I hate our side yard.  It's ugly and it's where I have to look out the kitchen window when I do dishes.  Unfortunately, it sat in boxes in the Briggs garage for about two months (1 before Christmas, 1 after), until we could start it.  Then Bud and I decided just to do it ourselves because we're cheap.  It took Bud and I a total of about 20 hours and three or four different days to finish it.  We started it on January 21 and finished it on February 18.  It was hard, but I'm super proud of us for finishing it and love how much the kids love it.  We didn't even fight during the process.  I'm not gonna say we didn't get frustrated (and say some words we shouldn't have - BUD), but we did it and it might even be kind of safe.  Bud may still have neighborhood children sign waivers though.  : )







No comments: