Monday, March 11, 2013

Indoor Skydiving

Being friends with the Tingey's really has it's perks!  We can only offer them pizza, bbq, malts and some free legal work, but the Tingey's still stay friends with us for some reason.  Mark always gets gift cards for nice restaurants from his patients (he's an endodontist) and they take us out to dinner a lot.  We've also gotten to go to Mt. Charleston and Oceanside with them because Mark's dad has homes there, but this time, they really went above and beyond (literally!).  One of his patients traded him dental work for indoor skydiving passes!  Unfortunately, the day before Mae had been sick (AGAIN - it's been a really rough season for her - stupid kindergarten), and then I felt flu-y Friday night and Saturday morning.  Around noon though, I totally felt my fever break and although I had told them Mae and I probably wouldn't be going, I texted Jen and said I was feeling a lot better and wanted to try.  I'm so glad I did because it's something I probably won't get to do again.  We watched Tingey's first, Jen was a total pro.  Then we got to go in (not Caroline, although we joked that that would be quite the sight).  I couldn't believe how physically hard it is to do.  Our guide, Levi, kept giving me signals to relax and tried to show me where to put my arms, but it was so hard!  But it was so fun too!  The best was when you got to jump in from the side and you just float.  It was awesome.  The kids absolutely loved it!  He spun us around like pizza dough and had Jonah standing straight up.  Elle was a little too frightened to try it, but Mae did it and and was so cute.  She was practically bent completely in a "U" backwards she was so tiny.  It was hilarious.  Bud looked a gigantic gorilla with swim trunks on.  And all the adults felt pretty sore the next day.  We're getting old!

Lindsay:

 Jonah:
 Bud:


Mae:

Jake:








 

 

Jen totally rocked it!




No comments: