Friday, March 8, 2013

Anniversary Accident


On our 14th anniversary, we had a great date all planned out.  We were going to go to a new restaurant, Honey Salt, and then go see Les Miserables.  Bud was even nice enough to shoo me out of the house to go get a pedicure while he taught Elle to ride her new two-wheeler bike.  Well, about 15 minutes into my pedicure I get a call from him asking if I was coming home soon.  I replied, no, I had just gotten there and he said, "well, I need to go to the hospital and get some stitches.  I fell off my new longboard."  For a second I thought he was kidding, because I had joked with him a few times about falling off and breaking his hip, but he wasn't.  Poor guy severely sprained his wrist and needed quite a few stitches.  He was in the ER for about three hours and we missed our reservations and the movie, but he did take me to Pei Wei, where his fortune read this: "Participation in sports may lead you to a lucrative career."  HAHAHAHA.  We laughed so hard over that one.  Just glad he's ok, but he and the kids will be wearing helmets all the time now!

 


No comments: