Sunday, September 2, 2012

Smith Center

In early May, my sweet friend Courtney Nielson called and asked if I'd like some tickets to a concert she was singing in at the new Smith Center downtown. I jumped at the chance because I'd heard such great things about it. Bud wasn't able to go, so I took the four older kids with me. As we were trying to find our seats, I realized that we were going to sit in a box! I've never gotten to sit in a box before and knew I probably wouldn't ever again, so I made sure the kids knew how lucky they were for the opportunity! It was a beautiful concert put on by Zion's Youth Orchestra and select soloists (one being Court and the other, our old bishop, Brad Hafen). It was amazing and even Elle got a little teary eyed and said "Mom, the music makes my eyes watery". I explained to her that was the Spirit that made her feel so good. It was a wonderful moment for me to see her touched like that. Thanks to Court and whatever family members couldn't go to give us the opportunity!

No comments: