Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Paycheck"

I'm a big fan of Valentine's Day. We've started a few traditions that I hope to keep up for years to come: heart-shaped, pink pancakes in the morning, little goody bags for the kids, and my favorite is "heart-attacking" the kids while they sleep. We sprinkle or stick on tons of hearts all over the kids, their beds, the floor, etc. This year I stuck a big one on the twins' chest's that said "Jake (or Jo), Mom and Dad love you so much!" Well, Thursday morning, Bud and I woke up to Jonah and Jake "sneaking" into our room to throw in hearts they had cut out themselves that morning. I told Bud to keep pretending to sleep because I thought they were heart-attacking us. Soon we found a couple hearts, but the boys had written on them - the same message we wrote to them. I immediately started crying, it truly was the best Valentine a parent could get. When I told my mom about it, she said, "Well, there's your paycheck." It was so true!

A few days before, we received a fantastic care package from Nana filled with gift cards and goodies for each person in the family. There were six bags of treats for everyone, unfortunately, Elle found them first. I caught her with one bag before 8 am. Then while I was in the shower, she pushed the chair over and got through 2 more. She was so busted, but apparently it was worth it. She was totally happy during her time-out. Here's a pic of the damage:

1 comment:

Dawnya said...

Awww Lins...those hearts made ME cry too!!! How sweet!!!!