Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm Too Excited To Sleep


On Valentine's Day, Bud surprised me with a trip to Disneyland scheduled for the very next day. As I've mentioned, he's been working a lot, so to get time away as a family was so exciting! We decided not to tell the kids right away, just wake up super early and go. Well, have you seen that Disney commercial with the little boy who say's, "I'm too excited to sleep"? That was me. After Mae's 2am feeding (yes, she's still not sleeping through the night - aargh!), I couldn't go back to bed. I don't know why I was so excited. I've been to Disneyland half a dozen times, but this would be the first that the boys could ride everything and Elle and Mae's first time ever, or maybe it was because I haven't been able to ride a good ride since I've been pregnant for the past three years, but I was a little giddy. Well, finally 4am rolled around and we got the kids in the car and got to Fontano, CA before stopping for breakfast. By this time, the twins had asked a few times where we were, but we didn't tell them until we stopped at a McD's for breakfast. When we asked where they thought we were going, they said "McDonald's!" Luckily, they were a little more excited when we told them our final destination. Our first ride was Dumbo. Elle cried, but by the end was happy and proclaiming, "I diit!" (I did it). It was so fun to see the twins' reaction's to the roller coasters. Space Mountain was the first big one and I was laughing hysterically thinking Jake must've been scared out of his mind, but I couldn't see him to know. At the end, I looked over at him, but he wasn't crying, just said it was fun, but a little scary. Their favorite was splash mountain though. It was also Elle's 2nd b-day and although the boys got to ride a lot more rides, she had a pretty good time with her new hat and birthday pin. Looks like we tuckered her out though.

1 comment:

Dawnya said...

Ummm...I'm kinda embarrassed. I wasn't brave enough to ride on Space Mountain until I was 11. :|