Monday, December 8, 2008

thirty


I am thirty today. That's really all I have to say about that.

Just joking (kind of). I certainly have a lot to show for my 20's. I can think of four things in particular, plus a 10 year marriage.

It really has been an amazing birthday! Friday night, Bud took me to dinner and to see Phantom of the Opera at the Venentian. It was so good. We had great seats where the chandelier dropped right on top of us. Then Bud was amazing and took the kids Saturday and Sunday while I made a quick trip to Phoenix to see my dearest friends, Dana and Megan. We ate at my favorite sandwich shop in Gilbert, Flancer's, then did a little shopping. Dana's husband surprised us that night with a "fascinating" scavenger hunt that included a movie, dinner, and a couple other stops all around town. It was so much fun! This morning the kids woke me up with cards and a couple presents then breakfast at my favorite - The Original Pancake House. When we walked out to the car at 7am, my car was covered in 30's. Thank you to my sweet friend, Courtney who came by late last night with that surprise. She's also the one who left the crazy dolls outside my house. Apparently she likes stalking around my home late at night. : )

I'm so grateful for my life and even moreso, the people in it. If things keep going the way they are, my thirties should be fantastic!

10 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Happy Birthday!

Jaime O. said...

Happy 30th Birthday, Linds! Happy to hear you had a great day!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday! You have such a cute family! You are always doing so much...you are amazing!

team howey said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Sounds fantastic. I loved the shortened version of Phantom, and a couple of days with good friends sounds like a dream. Glad you had a good one.

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday! You still look just as beautiful as ever.

Sharlet said...

I like the way you put it that you have a lot to show for you twenties. Way better than the teens right? At least for me.
Happy Birthday.

Ashley said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sorry I've been such a flake on getting together. Lets really do though!! I mean it!! So glad you had such a great birthday!!

Emilie and Branden said...

Hello Stoddards!!! Happy birthday and congrats on being 30. You're a spring chicken so enjoy it! When will we ever see you again?

Anonymous said...

I never had a chance to get the details on your birthday. I'm so glad it was a good one. You are one fabulous gal. Happy (late) Birthday!

Steph said...

Lins! I think you are absoultely beautiful and I wish I would've remembered it was your birthday. What a bad cousin I am! Sure do love you and miss you :)