Sunday, November 23, 2008

Primary Program

Today was our ward's primary program. Being a member of the primary presidency it makes for a pretty stressful week, but all that went away today as my boys got up, said their parts and then sang the second verse of Called To Serve - at the pulpit, by themselves. I was so nervous for them, worried if they were nervous about all the people, worried they'd forget the words, but they did so good. A little territorial over the microphone, but they sang loud and clear. In fact, I heard the comment more than once today that you could hear Jacob over all the other kids during the songs (he was practically yelling). Now, I'm not saying they're Pavarotti's by any stretch of the imagination, but that they had the confidence and courage to get up there really impressed me! Since Nana and Pogger couldn't be there, I recorded our rehearsal from Friday. It was pretty much the same except Jake didn't let Jonah have the microphone quite so easily today.

6 comments:

Young Family said...

Your boys did SUCH an amazing job today! The kids were all so adorable. I was nervous for Belle, too, but I really don't think they were half as nervous as we were for them.

Beau and I went and checked on our house today... it actually looks like a real house now! We're REALLY going to miss Ellie, she's so adorable, maybe she'll just have to come with us :)

I know this is a hectic time of year, but we really would love to get together with you guys before we move. Let me know if you guys would be up for S'mores in our backyard sometime soon!

Carol Stoddard said...

Please tell Jacob and Jonah how proud we are of them. They are amazing and...........at this moment I am officially as trunkie as any grandma could ever be! Love you all so much and can't wait to be together again. nana

Erin Camp said...

Oh my! That is absolutely adorable!

Megan Lofgran said...

Too cute! I'm sad I missed it. Give the boys my love

Sharlet said...

Very cute! I always love the primary program. My girls sang in it this year too and I wish I had recorded a rehersal like you did. I was sad not to have the actual thing. Good thinking.

Jason DeMarco said...

Okay this is a little crazy. I am in the same ward as Jamie Poort. I use to live in Oklahoma where Bishop Inkey was our bishop. When relocating we were introuduced to his neice Carol. My in-laws are Tom and Janet DeMarco in your ward. I saw you on Jamie's list and wondered if that was you guys! If you could e-mail me your in-laws e-mail, that would be great. Carol was praying for a little miracle for our little babe before they left. I did not get the chance to tell her thank you and the miracles we were blessed with during that time. My e-mail is eternalyloved@gmail.com. Thank you! Your kids are so darling!