Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

I just want to wish all those who are defending and have defended our country a Happy Veterans Day. Growing up with my dad in the Air Force, I had a childhood unlike most - and I loved it! I have a special place in my heart for the military and am so grateful for the spirit of patriotism. I'm especially thankful that my dad remained safe during his 24 years of service, as well as my brother-in-law Mike, who served 10 years.

I found this great picture of my dad (he's on the right) while looking for one of him by his F-4 Phantom that he flew in Vietnam. It was taken in England in 1977. I love his smile and how dapper he looks in his uniform. And a big thanks to my mom who dealt with his many absences while raising three girls. Love you!

1 comment:

Dawnya said...

What a GREAT picture, Lins! Awwwww....I love your Dad!!!