Saturday, February 26, 2011

Palm Springs

We wanted to do one last family trip before the baby came and February seemed like a good time to do it. We didn't want to do an amusement park since that would be a waste of money on my part and difficult for Bud to have to take everyone and we just wanted to RELAX. Palm Springs seemed like a good option and we took a three-day weekend. We took an interesting route there (keep an eye out for the Cima Rd. exit between Stateline and Baker) which put us on a two-way road in the middle of the desert. It did however lead us through Kelso, which has a beautiful train station and museum and it did cut a lot of time off our drive. We stayed at the Hyatt in Indian Springs, which was awesome. It had 6 pools, a waterslide, bikes, tennis, foosball and ping-pong tables (sorry I totally had to school you, Bud. It was funny to be in California again where a family of 6 plus one on the way really stands out. I even had one lady tell me I looked like a mama duck with all my little ones behind me. We really enjoyed the beauty of Indian Springs and just had a nice time together.

1 comment:

Gwen Hilbus said...

Love the picture of Bud walking with our Mae Mae the little plumber!