Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weird


That's the word that comes to mind for this week. You know that feeling when you're adjusting to something new? It's just been weird. The boys are loving first grade, no meltdowns (except for me while making their first lunches), no nerves. They adjust so quickly and so well. Although, Jake did tell me he hoped they wouldn't have any more tours of the school because it's too hot outside and he sweats too much. I think Elle thought she was going right into their classroom with them because she was not happy when the teacher closed the door and she was on the outside. Her tears helped mine from coming. Guess you just gotta keep on going. The boys got to choose their dinner Monday night and they chose "big waffles" which are Belgian waffles with whipped cream and chocolate chips. Now we're just adjusting to having them gone so much. Monday and Tuesday were packed, but the last couple days have been pretty quiet. Lunch is the strangest. Just me and Elle and Mae if she's awake. I need to make the most of this time to bond with the girls, especially Elle. I think now's the time to introduce tea party's and make-believe, take her to the library and ballet classes. I defintely miss my boys, but I think it'll be a good year. Thank goodness Monday's Labor Day!

5 comments:

McKeehan Family said...

Hey Lindsay! I'm glad the boys are liking 1st grade! Your kids are so cute! Bring on the girl stuff!!

The Anthony Family said...

Is it weird if I am a little jealous that my boys are only in kidergarten? I can't wait til they go all day! They love school. Now if I can just have one more girl with this last try... then I can get back to girlie land too! Tell Bud HI!

The Dials said...

Your kids have grown up so much! They are adorable! Good to hear that all is going well for you guys.

Erin Camp said...

I'm so glad you got them in the same class! Have a really fabulous year.

Erica said...

Lindsay, CONGRATS at getting the kids off to school! Sarah started all day Kindergarten this year and that was hard, but it is nice at the same time. Looks and sounds like everyone is well! Take care!