Thursday, August 21, 2008

So Long Summer...



It just hit me that tomorrow is my last summer day home alone with my four kids. I'm totally bummed. I just can't believe it's already over. I feel like we did a ton, but had some lazy days too, it was a great summer. The twins will be in first grade, full day for the first time. I had a hard enough time with 2 1/2 hours, I'm going to be a basket case come Monday. My boys are my helpers and so obedient, such good examples for their sisters. I'll be so sad to not have them around. But I am excited for them, first grade was my all-time favorite. I know they'll love every minute, I just hate feeling like I lose a little more of them every year. I know that's a bit melodramatic, but can't they just stay little forever?

Oh, and yeah, not looking forward to making two sack lunches and getting everybody out the door by 9am. That should be interesting!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I know, It's so sad when they grow up so fast. Good luck next week with the 9 in the morning routine.

Tom and Sharlet said...

I can't believe you remember 1st grade! Incredible! I personally have little to no recollection. You must be a genius!
-oh, and you are totally lucky about the 9am thing. Our full day starts at 7:45! Outrageous!