Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day!


My entire life, my father has always made it a point to hang the flag on patriotic holidays. I loved it. I've always thought it was very important to hang the American flag whenever possible, and couldn't wait to start the tradition with my own home. Unfortunately, we live in Las Vegas where all the houses are made of stucco and I missed two major holidays because I didn't have the right equipment. I was bound and determine to get the flag up today for Veteran's Day. We purchased a new drill with more power and today I finally succeeded. I was so proud to hang that flag! I'm so proud of my Dad, Mike, the grandpa's and their families who have all sacrificed so much for our country. I'm so proud to finally be able to show my support and respect for all those who have served and our serving our country with a flag outside my home.

3 comments:

cheese said...

"Happy Veteran's Day!"

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

Me too!!

The Dials said...

Congrats on being in your new house and starting some fun traditions! Your kids looked adorable in their Halloween costumes!