Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween




I was so excited to celebrate our first Halloween in our new house. Too bad I didn't really do much decorating until the day of, but it was a fun-filled week. The kids certaintly got my money's worth out of their costumes. Between school parties, trunk or treats, and the actual night, I got pretty sick of those things. We were a Star-Wars themed family this year. Jacob was Darth Vader, Jonah was Commander Cody, Elle was Queen Amidala, and Mae was R2D2. A lot of people asked if I made the costumes, obviously people who don't know me too well. I'm not that crafty and don't know if you even really save that much money. Anyway, Elle's costume stole the show I thought, and that little trooper wore the mask even though it would cut in to her little chubby face. Mae picked up on trick-or-treating REALLY fast. Even though she couldn't say, "Trick or Treat" she would go up to the door and shake her pumpkin up and down. It was hilarious. She also would not let me help hold it for her even though it was really heavy. Guess she was on to me. We went around our neighborhood with the Tingey's and Traci and Samantha came too. The neighborhood was awesome and lived up to my expectations. It was a great night.


Oh, how cute is that pumpkin face in the upstairs window? I got the idea from Family Fun. It's just cardboard and tissue paper.

2 comments:

Erin Camp said...

That is adorable. A themed family. So great!

Elizabeth Young said...

Your kids are SO cute and getting so big!!! I can't believe it. How are you guys liking your not-so-new house?? :)