Monday, March 2, 2009

Sisters

I had a fun week with the girls last week (except for the everyday "Mommy, your mean" rant from Elle). It's getting more and more fun to watch she and Mae interact. It reminds me of my sisters and how much fun (and drama) we had growing up. They look so different, but are so close.

I caught the two of them whispering secrets and laughing on the window sill.











We had our first official tea party (thanks Aunt Traci for the birthday gift!), where Elle fell in love with sugar and strawberries (especially the sugar part).











And seperately, they have their own funny little things they do. Elle and her toys in bed. Every night I say, "no toys in bed" and every night or morning I find her surrounded by them. She's such a ham and got really upset when she realized one of the arms to her Cinderella Christmas ornament had broken off. I'm sure due to her rolling on it during the night.









And my little Mae, always trying her best to keep up with her big brother's and sister. She carries a stool everywhere she goes to do the things they do. She is almost always around me and has to be a part of everything I do including right on the desk if I'm on the computer.
And the little stinker thinks it's hilarious to say "Dada" whenever I ask her to say Mama.



By the way, I'm aware that the girls kind of look like urchins in about 80% of these pictures (except for their sweet faces of course), but what can I say, we really don't like to get dressed until we have to and I'm definitely not doing there hair unless we're going somewhere. : ) It's pretty much a true account of our day to day.

7 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Girls are so much fun. I love the stool:)

Jaime O. said...

Sometimes, we don't get out of our pajamas until we have to go somewhere!

Courtney said...

Lyns,
We don't get ready unless we really have to either. It makes the day run smoother if you don't have to fight them to get their hair done. Your little girls are just precious. I can't wait to see how Morgan reacts to having a little sister here soon. Have you heard anything about the house? Email me sometime... nielsendds@yahoo.com

Erica said...

So cute! I love the toys in bed and stool. Kate takes books to bed everynight (ones with no pictures) and just holds them. Kids are so funny! And I understand about the hair. I often tell Kate she looks like an orphan because she NEVER leaves anything in her hair...just pulls anything right out (and she is 4). Good luck with the house too. I am excited for you guys,

Ashley said...

Hey! I think you must have forgot I had a blog because you accepted the invite a long time ago (its private). I do like checking your blog though. Your kiddos are so cute! And I also can't believe we didn't hang out more. Thats just awful! I didn't ever hang out with Courtney either so we will have to some day!!

Jenny Covey said...

Lindsay,
Everytime I read your blog I am laughing out loud! Thank you for representing real life! Everytime I look at other blogs I wonder if people really look that all the time since I only do Claire's hair when she goes to school and my other girls don't get their hair done EVER (even when we have to go somewhere).

Young Family said...

they are SO sweet, they're getting so big! I love days and times like these...