Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Misery Loves Company

It's been way too long since I last posted, although that last post is pretty tough to top. The last few weeks were great, and I'll post more about them when I get some pics. Quick recap though: Elle potty trained quickly and successfully (no pics of this - you're welcome)! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have only one child in diapers with no "possibilities" of another one right around the corner. If you think about it, I've only had a three month break with no one in diapers for the past 6.5 years! Sorry planet, we're definitely not doing our share to help in that sense.
We also got to go to Chicago for 6 days for Carol's 60th birthday. Almost the entire family was there and it was a terrific time with great food, on-time flights and cooperative weather! We are so happy that the next time we see Will and Carol, it will be here!

Now, to the reason for the post title. We've got four sick kids home today as well as two parents with head colds. Lots of fun. The twins have pink eye and the girls have nasty coughs and borderline ear infections. Let's just hope the boys and girls don't swap illnesses. Oh well, it is what it is, and it makes me all that more grateful for the 90% of the time we're all pretty healthy.

2 comments:

Erin Camp said...

So sorry about the sickos. There is nothing worse than sick kids. And, by-the-way, since my mother-in-law gives us all the gossip of the good ol'7th ward, we know you are looking for a house. So, I know it is a very feeble attempt, and highly unlikely, but PLEASE come live by us. WE NEED YOU:) Does that sway you at all?

Megan Lofgran said...

Wow! I was just about to call and see how everyone was fairing. Not good I see. I feel for (deeply!) just recovering myself. Somehow the big boys are still unscathed (minor miracle?) but now I'm paranoid of everything little ache, pain, sniffle, cough that comes from them. I grill them daily,"how do you fee? anything hurt? nose? throat? ears?" Its the season to be sickies, right? Love ya, hang in there.