Friday, October 24, 2008

New Do's

The Stoddard's and the Hilbus' are known to have some pretty thick hair and a lot of it. Well, our little Elle just doesn't (yet). About 6 months ago, I noticed she was losing a lot of hair. I took her to the doctor and the dermatologist, we had a blood test run (everything was fine), but they concluded that due to a lasting fever she had in the beginning of the year, it may have caused a mild form of alopecia (hair loss). Luckily, it did start growing back in, but she unfortunately looked like she had a mullet, with the spikey regrowth on top and her long thin hair. So we decided to cut it pretty short. It's so cute, but I am glad she's not old enough to realize how much hair we cut. She does like it, but as you can tell from the pictures, she was a little schizo about smiling for the camera that day.

Then, yesterday, we gave Mae her first official cut. She was sporting a little mullet as well, so we trimmed that up. She was not a big fan of the scissors as you can see.

4 comments:

Megan Lofgran said...

Oh my gosh, how could you torture that sweet thing. Look at that lip, those eyes! You two are just cruel, cruel, cruel. The death grip you have on Mae's hands is all too familiar. That just how Jackson's first probably 5 haircuts went! Torture for everyone. Love the earplug comment. Those would have been golden that faithful night. Either that or a gag!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

So I just tried to leave a comment and my kids turned off the power and anyways it didn't work. Her hair turned out so cute! Madison has also had her share of hair problems, which was surprising to me since I have thick hair to. She had a mullet for like two years and I should have cut it sooner but I was just happy she had hair even if it was on the back of her head. Finally I cut it and it was short too but looked much better! Oh well what can you do at least your little one is a cutie!

Sharlet said...

Both look very cute. I like the short cut on such a sweet little face.