Monday, October 6, 2008

Vacation!










This year we have a lot of big celebrations on my side of the family - my parents 40th wedding anniversary, my moms 60th birthday, me and Bud's 10th anniversary, me and my brother-in-laws 30th birthday, my other bro-in-laws 40th birthday, etc. So, instead of having parties every other month, this year we rented a beach house and made a week of it. It was so nice to do practically nothing. Unfortunately, Bud had to work a lot, but lucky for me my sister's kids were there who love to help out and play with my kids. We did Disneyland on Wednesday and there were hardly any lines, although Bud and I both came away thinking it would be a good few years until we went back. The rest of the week was filled with boogie boarding, sand castles, some failed attempts at meals (the stove and oven seemed to have it out for us), a visit to the Dana Point tide pools (awesome!), cards, campfires, and way too many smores. A big thank you to my folks for inviting us all to come and spend a week in the crazy pink and blue beach house. Maybe in 10 years we can celebrate like this again!

5 comments:

Erin Camp said...

That sounds like so much fun! Glad you had another great vacation.

Jeremiah Nielson said...

sooooooooooooooo glad you're back, now if only we could get together.

this school thing is spoiling our social lives :)

Carol Stoddard said...

I love the look of joy on the faces of those precious kids! Can't wait until I can join the parties ahd help to spoil those little people again. Thanks for sharing!

Sharlet said...

How fun. And you got some very cute beach pics too! Congrats on 10 years. Tom and I are a little behind you.

Megan Lofgran said...

I love those pictures! The one of Mae doing the wave is excellent. And Elle, Mae on the boogie board is priceless! I still can't believe you're the mother of girls, so weird. Can you send me the one we took in the Venetian from your phone?