Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Didn't get a chance to post on Mother's Day, but it was great. Bud got the kids one of those recordable cards and had the twins record their sweet little voices on it. Elle carries it around everywhere and loves to listen to the message and the song "You're Unbelievable" play over and over again. On top of flowers, chocolates, bubble bath, breakfast and cards, the best gift I got was from Mae. She's been sleeping through the night pretty consistently and it's been so nice! I can't believe the difference it makes in my day. Maybe Bud will get his "nice wife" back soon. : )

I have such amazing examples all around me and am thankful for the emphasis our church places on the importance of women, mother's and especially family. I think I beat myself up too much trying to be as good as the next mom, but the truth is I'm doing the best I can and if my kids can understand just a little bit how much I love them and feel like home is where they always want to end up, then I'm doing ok. I'm so grateful to be a mother. It's truly the only thing I want to do right now. I love these children with my whole heart and am so humbled to be responsible for such wonderful little people.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Young said...

I completely agree with you. There are some days when I feel like I'm the best mom in the world, and other days, I definitely need some encouragement... but you know what, at the end of the day, if all you've accomplished is keeping your kids fed and alive, you've done a good job :) I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's day, you truly deserved it! You ARE a wonderful mother and a great example to the rest of our kids... I appreciate you. :)

Jeremiah Nielson said...

i know your house is where i always want to end up :)
you are a wonderful mom lynds and i love you.
such a beautiful post.
love, courtney