Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Holiday Recap




The holidays were fantastic! We were able to go to Chicago for Thanksgiving to spend precious time with Nana and Pogger who will be home from their mission in 18 months. We cannot wait! The boys love Chicago, but loved most of all getting to see their Fontano cousins who live in Houston. The picture of the three boys was taken at the airport within 5 minutes of reuniting. It even snowed a little while we were there and since Elle had never seen snow and we knew all the kids would be excited, we got them all up to play for a little bit. Mae finally got to meet Nana and Pogger and seemed to bond quite quickly. It was a great week and we were sad to leave, especially knowing it would probably be about another 6 months until we see them again, but we are so grateful for all that Carol and Will are doing for the church and our family.





Christmas was low key - just the way I like it. We had lots of time with cousins here and Uncle Mark and Aunt Jenny came down for awhile too. Christmas morning was just wonderful, I think I like it better as a mom than I did as a kid. Elle seemed to get it this year and we pretty much haven't seen much of her since she got her little playhouse. I can't believe I was worried they may not have enough Christmas Eve. I think we may have overdone it again this year...


We had dinner with our dear friends, The Nielson's, New Year's Eve, but were still home by nine and in bed by about 10:30pm. I gave Bud a hard time about how boring we were not even staying up until midnight, but truth is, I like my sleep much more than watching a ball drop around a bunch of drunk people. : )


In December we also celebrated my 29th birthday and our 9th anniversary. December is definitely my favorite month, but it's a busy month! Every year I tell myself I'll plan ahead a little earlier next year... yeah right.

No comments: