Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Big Girls!


Well in the span of 24 hours, both Elle and Mae have taken monumental steps. Monday night (1/7) Elle came to me while I was feeding Mae and said "poopies". I thought she was just wanting me to change her, but I just had and knew there wasn't anything to change. So I asked her if she wanted to try in the bathroom and she said "yeah" and ran toward it. After awhile, I thought we'd have another failed attempt, but all of a sudden she did it. Now, I know this is utterly gross to some people (thus the "censored" photo), but to mothers, it's one of the best days of our life. Especially when you're changing two sets of diapers all the time! I know we still have a LONG way to go (she hasn't done it since), but for a 22 month-old, I'm pretty impressed.



Then yesterday (Tuesday 1/8), I was giving horsey rides to the three older kids while Mae laid on a blanket about 5 feet away. After everyone had had a turn, I look over and there's Mae on her belly looking at us! I squealed to the kids that she had rolled over and they said "Yea Mae!" and Mae smiled. First, I was so sad I missed it, but so excited too. Of course I spent the next hour with the video camera waiting to catch it on film and she didn't do it again, but we'll get it one of these days.

8 comments:

team howey said...

YAY Lindsay!!! I am so excited that you have started blogging. It's such a fun way to keep in touch! Austin and Elle are what a week apart? I can't imagine if he came to me wanting to go potty. Here's to fewer diapers in the future!!

suzy said...

I'm so glad you're blogging!!! Just like Eryn said...it's such a great way to stay connected! We need to get together for a playdate!

Dawnya said...

Awwww! Yea Elle!!!! SUCH a cute picture!!!

Dawnya said...

So glad to see Baby Mae feeling much better!

Natalie said...

Way to go Elle and Mae! Again, I'm glad your blogging Linds!

Celeste said...

Cute blog! Hope all is well, thanks for your cute Christmas card! Your kids are so grown up!

Celeste

Mitch said...

I love the censored picture. Too funny. We're hoping to some day ditch the huggies too, but that would require us to stop having children. Something Kim is unwilling to comprise on right now. Just kidding. Now you just get to look forward to accidents and millions of trips to the bathroom in the middle of a crowded store when you just asked her if she had to go 5 minutes ago.

Nikki said...

Lindsay, I am also so excited you are blogging. I love seeing your cute little family! I am glad we can stay in touch and not have to wait till our 20 year reunion :)