Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

So right about now my sweet boys should be finishing up their lunches where they were treated to a little April Fools joke. I wanted to put toothpaste in lieu of the cream filling in some oreo's, but we didn't have any, so I had to settle for some other little pranks. First, I swapped their honey and jelly sandwiches, which for some reason they get really upset about. Then I took the straws off their juice boxes. But the best part was I filled their lunch bags to the brim with goldfish. Lots of em. Wish I could see their little faces when they opened them. Hee Hee!
I tried so hard to get them to play a joke on their teacher, Mrs. Medina, and what better trick to play with twins then to switch places. But they would not do it. I kept telling them they were missing out on a prime opportunity where they most likely wouldn't get in trouble, but I guess I just raised them too well. Wusses.

Now to think of something for Bud... I don't think the fake pregnancy test would be too funny since I've done that to him for real and it's just not something we can joke about in our family. With our luck, I really would be. BUT I'M NOT! Anyway, gotta keep thinking.

8 comments:

Jaime O. said...

Funny!

Courtney said...

Very clever ... I haven't even thought of playing any tricks. Hope you guys are doing well!

Dawnya said...

Lindsay! Shame on you! You're evil! LOL! And you wonder why your little girls are so feisty!!!!! ;)

Eastlands said...

Nice job!!!
Aren't you ready for a visit to LA yet?

team howey said...

Funny. The best part is awaiting their arrival to hear how the pranks were received. I love that you tried to get them to change seats!

Megan Lofgran said...

You are the funnest (I know; not a real word) mom! How do you have the energy to think of all that? Now we need an update. What happened??????

Sharlet said...

You crack me up. I've never done an April Fools on my kids! Maybe next year

Ashley said...

You're such a fun mom! This is so cute! So how did they take the joke?