Thursday, April 10, 2008

Six


I can't believe my boys turned 6 today. I told them they had to start going backwards in age now. They said I was joking them and that I was silly. But I am a little sad they're getting older and I'm not sure why, they are really turning out to be pretty great little people. But mostly, I'm proud. I'm so proud of these little miracles. I remember being in the hospital once with them a few weeks after their birth and actually thinking that if I had to, I could let them go back to live with Heavenly Father if it meant they wouldn't have to suffer the consequences of prematurity anymore. I am so grateful that wasn't the case and that over the past 6 years I've gotten to know how funny, sweet, kind, creative, patient, curious, and intelligent they are. They are truly fantastic kids. Happy Birthday Jacob and Jonah!


2 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

What a sweet post. ;) Happy bday boys!

Megan Lofgran said...

Ohhhh memories. I like the growing backwards idea. Could Porter just be 18 months again and just sweet and chubby and perfect. We have amazing boys!!! Happy Belated Birthday Jake and Joe, we'll see you soon!