Monday, March 17, 2008

Green Day


Today was one of the kid's favorite holidays. I think it's because of my elementary school days as a Lynbrook Leprechaun in Virgina that I kind of get way into St. Patrick's Day, or Green Day as the twins like to call it. Last night we made a leprechaun trap with pennies as bait. Of course, we were unsuccessful, but he was nice enough to leave some treats for the kids. He leaves a trail of green M&M's wherever he goes and those are eaten by the kids before I'm even woken up with the dissapointing news that they didn't catch a leprechaun AGAIN, but that he did leave "tracks" all over their furniture, beds, and faces! The boys can't believe how sneaky and quiet he is, but Jonah promises me, NEXT year he'll stay up all night to catch him. Then we finish it all off with a complete green breakfast from pancakes to milk (yuck!).

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a god St. Patricks day! Hey I got your msg about not being able to get onto our blog. Here is the address, I think It's wrong on yours. chadandnatalietingeyfamily.blogspot.com

Dave & Jada said...

How fun. I love the trap idea. Savy would love to trap a leprechaun, she tells us she sees them all the time.

Dave & Jada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

That is hilarious.

team howey said...

I wish you would have posted this BEFORE St. Patrick's Day! It all looks so fun!!! Totally going to add those traps to my traditions!

Holly Park said...

Okay--you are the best mom ever! I love those ideas...I'm stealing them for future use. Man, I miss you! I was hoping to come through Vegas, but it still hasn't happened yet...luckily, now that everyone else is starting to spread their wings reunions will be on the prowl. I'm thinking a girls trip (kids and husbands are welcome, too, but girls essential), this fall...

Dawnya said...

Oh my gosh, Lins! I am writing down everything you do for all the holidays and I will be completely copying you someday! LOL! I will be the coolest Mom ever! ;)

Jenny said...

Hey there! I found you guys from the Cragun's blog. There is only so many Buddy's in the world. Though I never lived there, I miss the Stoddard house and happy to see it in those pictures. What a great tradition for St. Patties Day and happy to see you very cute family.