Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Doll Dilemma

So, I really should be doing something productive right now, but I don't want to, so I thought I'd post a funny story that happened over the weekend. That's better than my children having clean clothes tomorrow, right?




Friday night around 8:30pm, I walk through our foyer area and glance quickly out the front window and see what looks like a small head looking in our window. Seeing as it was dark and I didn't have my glasses on, I tried to take another look without really "looking" because I was kind of freaked, and yes, it looked like a small child was looking in our living room window. I go tell Bud to take a closer look and he discovers there's a 3-foot doll outside, positioned to be looking in our living room. Bud opens the door, than slams it shut saying that there's another one right by the van. I look out the office window and there's this blonde doll with pigtails up against the car positioned like it's trying to open the sliding door. So now Bud and I are really freaked out and decide it's probably a prank, but what sicko would do something like this, and if it is a sicko, we should call the cops. So we do. After a friend came over to make sure there wasn't anyone in the front yard and there were no more dolls around, the cop comes to the door and says, "Yeah, I saw those dolls from the curb. I was hoping it wasn't about them, they're just weird." By that point I'm crying, the cop and Bud go around the whole house, don't see anything, and the cop takes the dolls away as "evidence" (imagine the evidence locker with weapons, drugs, contraband, and two dolls). Bud and I decide it best to head up to my parents house for the night and Saturday we cancelled our babysitter because we didn't want to be away from the kids, and that night everyone slept in our room on mats, and still by Sunday morning, even though we were pretty certain it was probably just a prank, we wanted to know for sure before letting our guard down. Well, after Sacrament meeting, Courtney Nielson and I are leaving and she asks me how my weekend was. I told her it was horrible, someone had left these dolls outside our windows, and she kind of laughs and says, "Uh-huh". I immediately sense she knows something and ask her if she did it and she laughs and tells me her whole family was in on it and the whole thing just blew wide open. Bud, Jeremiah, Courtney and myself were laughing hysterically (it was funny NOW). Court and Jer felt so bad, we felt dumb for overreacting, half the ward knew about it, and 20 minutes after church some of the young men tried to drop off a doll at the front door as a joke, but I caught them and told them to take it over to Courtney's, which they did.

So, Courtney and Jeremiah, watch out, because revenge is sweet, oh and I really hope Mya and Wynn weren't expecting to get those dolls back anytime soon because you'll have to make a call to Officer Johnson. :)

6 comments:

Dawnya said...

I am still horrified by this story! Maybe I will see the humor in it later..but NOTHING is scarier than a large doll- NOTHING!!! :)

Jeremiah Nielson said...

Babies.

The Anthony Family said...

Linds, that is so funny and scary all at once. I always hate the thought of someone looking in your windows at night, so I would have freaked out. I hate scary dolls like Chuckie. You definately need a good plan to even the score. If I think of something good, I will e-mail you! -Rebecca

Dave & Jada said...

Lindsay i was laughing out loud. Dave was so curious that I had to read it to him also. It gave us a great idea for our neighbors. I will have to ask Courtney where she got the dolls from.

Natalie said...

Funny story linds! I'm glad you guys recovered.

Megan Lofgran said...

I feel for you Lins, I was getting the chills just reading. I help you plan your revenge!!!