Sunday, September 1, 2013

First Day of School 2013!

This is a big year for the four oldest.  The twins are in 6th grade (middle school!!), Elle's in 2nd, and Mae's in 1st.  My four oldest will be in school ALL day.  But the twins heading to junior high just about did me in.  I was terrified.  I consider myself a pretty tough mom, but I really struggled with 6th grade for my boys.  They're still kind of on the small side and I was so scared of them getting bullied.  I also felt like I was throwing them into the lions den.  Why would a person do that to their children?  : )  I bawled like a baby after I dropped them off.  Luckily, they've loved it so far and I'm grateful to have found a really good public junior high.  The principal is really on top of things and after the first couple weeks they said it was way better than elementary.  Elle's in probably one of the funnest classes ever.  A majority of the class is made up of kids from our ward and stake and other girls that Elle loved.  Her teacher said it was one of the best classes she's ever had.  Mae didn't love school quite so much.  Full day about did her in.  She had the sweetest teacher, but really struggled to be away from home so long.  She cried on and off for the first month or two.  Luckily she's got some great friends in her class, Makenna and Grace, but I sure hope she adjusts soon!  And CC is over the moon to have mom all to herself and I don't mind it too much either!











No comments: