Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend. Didn't do anything especially exciting, but since we didn't get to go out of town, I treated it a little as a vacation and hardly cooked a single meal. : ) The twins were in the Summerlin Patriotic Parade again this year, but were much happier with their characters. Last year they were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, this year they got to be Mario and Luigi. My sister, Traci, is one of the people who puts on the parade every year, and I'm always impressed at how well it turns out. There's always such a great patriotic spirit there, especially when the national anthem is sung and the Gold and Blue Star Mothers walk by. I am so grateful to live in this country!


1 comment:

Holly Park said...

I heard the parade was great! You should save those costumes for Halloween--that's what our boys were last year (easy!).